Conrad Consulting have partnered with a global Architecture & Masterplanning practice who have an outstanding opportunity for an Architect to join their successful regional studio in located in Newcastle.
They require an ambitious innovative Architect (ideally 2-5 years’ experience) keen to add a sprinkling of design flair to their portfolio of work across a variety of the sectors both locally, nationally and internationally.
A little more about this business…
Global Design, Engineering and Project Management consultancy offering the best in architecture & engineering to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or developing clever solutions for end users our client prides itself in offering well-designed, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.. Over recent years their Architecture brand has evolved into a design led service with innovation at its heart, the recent shift towards project work being headline grabbing and the designs pioneering continues to gather pace.
Their expertise ranges across all key sectors of the built environment: Education, Master planning, Urban Regeneration, Commercial and Residential. They are recognised leaders in the creation and delivery of environments, buildings, places that are good for people and improve our environment.
Responsibilities of the Architect
- Taking ownership of individual schemes from inception through to completion.
- Client facing responsibilities.
- Working within, or leading single and full multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Assisting and developing the client brief, producing creative and feasible design options for projects within various sectors.
- Working with or leading other disciplines and producing RIBA work-stage reports.
- Ensuring design responses are deliverable and meet the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords.
- Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media to clients, peers, and multiple disciplines as part of their review processes.
- Working as part of or leading a design team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages in both traditional and Design and build projects across multi sectors.
- Working on local, regional, national and international projects.
- Qualified Architect, ARB registered. RIBA registration desired with a minimum of 2-5 years post qualification experience.
- Architectural experience within multiple sectors such as Education (Schools, FE and HE), Commercial workplace, Residential and transportation.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering and managing projects on-site.
- Ability to deliver projects in a traditional and D&B contract environment; contract administration experience and/or awareness desirable.
- Passion for design and interest in developments within the Architecture industry.
- Proficiency in Revit is desirable and training will be provided
- Adobe Suite proficient i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- 3D modelling skills. Revit required. Sketchup desirable
- Experience of producing concept designs.
- Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate.
- Able to participate in design and technical review amongst your peers and multi-disciplinary environments.
- Design importance high on your agenda.
Salary & package (depending on experience)
£37,000 - £44,000 + private medical, Life Assurance, Income protection, 25 days holiday, lucrative performance bonus, 7% employer pension.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply or get in touch with James Jackson at Conrad Consulting.