Associate Geotechnical Engineer
£55,000 - £65,000 (negotiable on experience)
I'm currently working with one of my clients in Bristol looking for an Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary consultancy and support the wider engineering unit across the UK.
My client presents the opportunity to be the driving member of the team, developing and growing the technical skills of other members and leading large-scale and nationwide projects across Commercial, Residential, Health, Education and Defence sectors.
- At least ten years of post-graduate experience in the ground engineering field.
- Experience leading projects and representing your firm at Design Team Meetings.
- The capacity to manage and oversee tasks performed by less experienced employees
- Competent in foundation design (ULS and SLS).
- Experience assessing and specifying ground improvements.
- Experienced in designing earthworks, assessing settlement, and slopes using specialised analytical geotechnical software.
- Experience designing soil retaining structures and ground reinforcement.
- Experience budgeting and quoting professional services.
- Proficient in creating technically accurate interpretive GIRs, GDRs, and GFRs.
- Presentation of work at the highest level.
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Flexible work hours.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- The employer provided life insurance and income protection packages.
- Access to the company pension, with a large employer contribution.
- Training support is provided through our Learning Pathways Programme.
If this opportunity is one of interest and you’d like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Geotechnical and Environmental consultant, Dan McIntosh, with your most up-to-date CV.