Associate Infrastructure Engineer
£80,000 - £85,000 (DOE) per annum plus Benefits
Are you an experienced Senior / Associate Infrastructure Engineer who is looking for a step-up and a new challenge? Would you value the opportunity to grow and develop a team? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Our client is an international consultancy who offer a range of services including civil & structural engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. They currently have a vacancy for an Associate Infrastructure Engineer to join the civil engineering team in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis to assist with the delivery of a range of projects.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, driven & charismatic individual who is willing to drive forward business development; maintaining & strengthening existing client relationships as well as seeking out new work & forming new relationships for the company.
- To design, manage and supervise project delivery, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plan and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects;
- Agree level of service, commensurate of fee with the Director for each project. Manage fee draw down and assist the Director with invoicing;
- Assist the Group Leader to monitor resource relative to each project monthly allowable fee expenditure, defining monthly CAD requirements and two-weekly engineering workload forecasts;
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved;
- Ensure all design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks;
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments for the team;
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client’s expectations and promote a team approach;
- Pursue new business opportunities with existing clients and develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations;
- Motivate yourself and manage staff within groups to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
- A degree in Civil Engineering;
- A Chartered Civil Engineer;
- Between 5-10 years’ experience as a Civil Engineer working on highways & drainage design;
- Working knowledge of a range of design software including AutoCAD, PDS & Micro-drainage / WinDes;
- Civil 3D experience (advantageous);
- Experience producing & preparing Flood Risk Assessments (advantageous);
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and clients;
- Some leadership and people management skills and experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
The successful Associate Infrastructure Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, and a friendly working environment as part of a close-knit team.
For further information please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or call him on 01728 726120.