Our client, one of the world's largest multi-discipline construction and property consultancies, is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Building Surveyor to join their team in Southampton. As a Building Surveyor, you will play a vital role in providing technical expertise and advice within the construction and property sector.
Responsibilities of the Building Surveyor:
- Undertake comprehensive building surveys, condition assessments, and defect analysis of commercial and residential properties.
- Conduct site inspections, produce detailed reports, and provide professional recommendations on repairs, refurbishments, and maintenance.
- Prepare and administer schedules of work and specifications, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Oversee and manage projects, including contract administration, budget control, and quality assurance.
- Provide expert advice to clients, stakeholders, and colleagues on matters relating to building construction, regulations, and best practices.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, contractors, and other professionals to ensure successful project delivery.
- Prepare and present expert evidence in dispute resolution cases, such as litigation or arbitration.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, regulations, and technological advancements to deliver the best possible service to clients.
- Support business development initiatives by identifying new opportunities, cultivating client relationships, and preparing proposals.
Requirements of the Building Surveyor:
- Degree in Building Surveying or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Building Surveyor, preferably within a consultancy or construction environment.
- W membership with RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or working towards chartership
- Strong knowledge of UK building regulations, construction methods, and industry best practices.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality building surveys, defect analysis, and project management.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with high attention to detail.
- Proficient in using industry-related software and tools.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Full UK driving license.
On offer for the Building Surveyor:
- The salary range for this position is £35,000 - £45,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the ability to buy/sell
- A market-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Private medical
- Hybrid working
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements, click apply today or get in contact with Max Condie for further information.