Chartered Structural Engineer
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum plus benefits
Our client is a leading structural engineering consultancy specialising in residential refurbishment and new bespoke home projects. They have an excellent client retention rate and are preparing for high growth via expanding the number of clients they work with. As a result of this expansion, they have asked us to help them find a talented Chartered Structural Engineer to join the team on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will join a team consisting of a Technician and an Apprentice and will be required to work with the team to scheme, design, coordinate, and check projects. You will be responsible for preparing the designs for drawing and coordinating risks, options, and opportunities with the Architects.
Amongst your project responsibilities, you will also be responsible for helping to nurture the engineering talent within the office. You will help, guide, teach, and mentor the junior engineering staff and will be a go-to figure in the office for the most complex engineering issues. You will therefore be process & results orientated, ambitious, hands on, and looking to actively develop your abilities.
- Preparing good quality and well-reasoned designs;
- Coordinating designs with Architects and Clients in a service orientated manner;
- Helping to keep the team’s workload organised by reporting on your progress;
- Help guide, teach, and mentor the junior engineering staff;
- Continue to develop your career both inside and outside of work.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering from the UK or equivalent;
- A Chartered Engineer with either ICE or IStructE;
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in working with the refurbishment of existing buildings;
- A curious individual who enjoys exploring what is possible when presented with a challenge;
- An understand of Eurocodes and how they applied in the UK;
- Comfortable designing from first principles;
- Comfortable driving and managing your own workload and proactive in gathering the information or support that you need;
- Communicate effectively between your team and with other design professionals;
- Professional and well presented.
On offer for the Chartered Structural Engineer:
- A competitive salary;
- Ability to buy more holiday;
- Flexible working.
Other benefits include interest free loans, Cycle to work scheme, matched charitable donations, financial coaching, access to the annual personal development fund, paid NHS prescriptions, eye tests, referral rewards, subsidised design and make projects, cross-company partnerships, an annual trip away and a fun Christmas afternoon party to top it off.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or call him on 01728 726120.