Design Engineer (Infrastructure)
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Benefits (Permanent)
Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise and they currently have an opening for a Design Engineer (Infrastructure) to join the Civils team in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be required to prepare drainage and road infrastructure designs for residential and commercial developments and should be able to demonstrate that they can take a leading role on projects under the guidance of a Director.
- Focus on master-planning development projects across all sectors to include regeneration, aviation, Infrastructure, industrial, and develop masterplan for submission to planning;
- Undertake Flood Risk Assessments (FRA), Surface and Foul Water Drainage Strategies and Design, Sustainable Urban Design Solutions;
- Undertake Hydraulic Modelling using MicroDrainage (Windes) software;
- Liaise with Water Authorities to obtain appropriate Statutory Approvals (S104 & 106);
- Undertake design of roads/access roads to Manual for Streets (MfS) and DMRB;
- Undertake Geometric Design using Civil 3D, clash detections using Navisworks and visualisations using Infraworks;
- Liaise with Local and Highway Authorities to obtain Technical Approvals S38/278;
- Develop concept design and detailed design philosophy for utilities spacial planning, roads and public realm, level strategy, earthworks analysis, drainage, pavement design and signing/lining design;
- Prepare design and production information for review by Senior Engineer and approval by Associate Director;
- Responsible for Technical Governance and undertake review and of design and design documentation prepared by you and graduate engineers/technicians (design checking when required);
- Respond to Planning Application and Reserved Matters queries post submission of Planning Applications;
- Undertake below ground design co-ordination and clash detection exercises during the design development;
- Attend Risk Management and Value Engineering Workshops to develop de-risked design for value sustainable solutions;
- Respond to Technical Queries during Construction.
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent;
- Working towards Chartered status with ICE or equivalent;
- Must be technically competent on roads and drainage designs;
- Experience of S278/38 Access Roads/Junctions, Drainage Strategy & SuDs, earthworks analysis (cut/fill), utilities strategy;
- Must have experience with MicroDrainage;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
The successful Design Engineer will receive a competitive salary and benefits, and there is the potential for the successful candidate to work for 1–3 days in the office with the remainder from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a large international consultancy working on complex and iconic projects across various sectors. If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.