Conrad Consulting are delighted to be working once again with an outstanding modular contractor based in Telford, West Midlands, this time seeking a Design Manager to join their growing team.
The modular contractor in question are a fast growing multi-disciplinary, and have quickly become the UK's leading modular construction provider for the Healthcare sector. They provide unique design and build projects, offering a complete turnkey solution, owning all stages of the design and build process through their in-house team of more than 150 design, commercial and construction specialists.
Aside from Healthcare, the company also operate within the Education sector from primary through to higher & further education throughout the UK. The company featured prominently in the top 1000 of Europes fastest-growing companies in recent years, and that growth is showing no signs of slowing.
As part of their continued growth strategy, the company are looking to appoint at least one Design Manager to the team, with the potential for multiple appointments to be made.
THE POSITION - DESIGN MANAGER:
You will be an experienced Design Manager with a passion for customer satisfaction and stakeholder engagement in the Construction sector. Having a recognized qualification in Architectural, building services, or structural/civil engineering is highly desired.
As the Design Manager, you will have the skills to lead and inspire a team, while also serving as a subject matter expert in design. Your ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders is crucial. Additionally, we value your track record in fostering professional growth in teams you have previously supervised and guided.
You will ideally have experience of working within the Healthcare sector along with the added benefit of experience in the Education sector too.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DESIGN MANAGER:
- Responsible for overseeing Design Management and Architectural Deliverables for 2-4 projects (depending on value) from RIBA Stages 1 to 6 across the UK.
- Supervising a team of 2-5 Architectural/Design Assistants/Technicians and ensuring that they meet project deadlines according to the schedule and procurement plans.
- Checking and approving information to ensure compliance with regulations/guidelines, including company standards, building regulations, and HBN/HTM guidance.
- Ensuring that the team understands the contractual project position and contractual documents, such as the employers’ requirements and contractors’ proposals.
- Reporting compliance, resources, and potential issues to the Head of Projects and Head of Design.
- Coordinating and managing external design consultant teams to ensure accurate, coordinated, and timely delivery of information in line with the project schedule.
- Preparing planning applications and addressing planning conditions, where necessary.
- Meeting key sustainability targets for projects, such as BREEAM and Net Zero Carbon, if applicable.
- Ensuring that BIM deliverables align with company standards, execution plans, and employers’ requirements.
- Managing the overall distribution of design information to internal and external project teams in an efficient manner.
- Overseeing key project trackers, including planning, RFI’s, and technical submissions.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
The successful Design Manager will be offered a lucrative salary and benefits package which will include the following:
- Car or Car Allowance
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Life assurance x 3 salary
- Private medical
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- 5% matched pension
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working
- Early finishes on Fridays
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply to this position as a Design Manager in Telford, West Midlands, please forward your up to date CV & portfolio through to Ashley Johnson at Conrad Consulting. Alternatively, contact Ashley on 0121 651 1510 to discuss in further detail.