£40,000 - £55,000
I am looking for an experienced and highly driven Principal Ecologist to join a successful Ecology team. My client operates mostly in the private sector on a variety of projects, including renewable energy, residential, logistics, and education. They are flexible in terms of location in the UK, London is just one of their offices within this discipline.
- Bachelor's degree in the required subject.
- At least five years of experience as a professional environmental consultant.
- Good ecological field skills for a variety of protected species and ecosystems.
- A thorough awareness of the legislative and planning policy frameworks governing ecological and environmental conservation.
- The capacity to prepare clear, high-quality technical reports in accordance with CIEEM standards.
- Experience with the newest Defra Biodiversity Metric is helpful (training can be provided).
- Experience creating fee proposals, project management, and client engagement is desirable
- Membership of CIEEM
- Protected species licence(s) or working towards licences (help and training could be offered for interested candidates desiring to pursuing licenses.
- Extended phase 1 habitat surveys/UK Habs surveys are being conducted to accurately define and map habitats, as well as assess their capacity to support notable/protected species.
- Conducting phase two surveys for legally protected species.
- Creating a variety of environmental reports and assessing junior team work
- Designing and managing ecological surveys, as well as related mitigating measures.
- Project Management
- Communicating with clients, professional advisors, contractors, and the general public.
- Developing and sustaining strong working connections at all levels of the organisation, including with clients, subcontractors, and third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc.).
- There will also be opportunities for candidates to manage and mentor junior team members if they like.
- Working away allowance for overnight fieldwork
- Company matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, with holiday increasing with service with options to buy additional holiday
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
- Hybrid working
If this opportunity is one of interest and you’d like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Geotechnical and Environmental consultant, Dan McIntosh, with your most up-to-date CV.