Long established, multi-disciplinary Architectural Practice seeks an experienced Senior Project Architect to support the design development of various Education schemes and act as project Lead.
With around 40 talented professionals across 4 offices in the UK, the opportunity exists to assist in the continuing success and growth of this thriving Practice with a portfolio of exciting projects across multiple sectors. Whilst our client remain committed to retain a regional studio presence they will also be offering a fully agile working business model moving forwards, remote working and the best of studio collaboration will remain in place indefinitely. This position is based in their recently acquired contemporary studio space the heart of Leeds City centre, reporting to the Associate studio lead you will be joining a close-knit team of 6 fellow design professionals.
The immediate focus is to secure an individual who can act as the right-hand person the current Leeds studio Director, this 2nd in command position will see you slot in between the current team and the Director. The main role is for the Senior Architect to run projects however responsibilities will extend to reviewing / coordinating all projects in the office and the ability to act as project & office Lead, particularly during times when the Director is on leave or at site. Our client run a fairly open and inclusive working environment so the Senior Architect will be involved in putting together programmes and scopes of work alongside the Director.
Immediate project demands are to pick up and run with the design and project delivery of a 1.5FE primary school with a construction value of circa £12m, this is an attractive design led scheme that needs some immediate design development, its also a direct appointment trust scheme, so it not constraint be standard Dfe dudgets.
Additional projects work you will encounter here will be within the Residential, Retail, Commercial and Industrial sectors. These projects are designed using REVIT software primarily with the majority of these to BIM Level 2 standard, however REVIT raining can be provided for candidates who are keen to learn.
- Requirements of the Senior Project Architect include:
- ARB/RIBA Project Architect – Established in an Architect role or currently operating at Senior Project Architect level.
- A minimum of 5-10 years post-qualification experience is preferred, a more experienced Architect will also be considered.
- A diverse sector background is desirable, with some recent education experience a big bonus
- extensive job running / project management experience.
- Experience in the collation and submission of planning and building regulation applications
- A proven proficiency with REVIT software is preferred, but not essential.
- Good time management and ability to prioritise urgent projects.
- A keen eye for conceptual design and a desire to express design freedom.
- Self-motivated and methodical approach to work with an attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous team management / mentorship experience.
The successful Senior Architect will receive a highly competitive salary in the region of £45,000 per annum and will also be entitled to the following benefits:
27 days holiday + Christmas period shutdown
Flexible working / 2 days in the office and 3 days remote currently.
Interested parties please call James Jackson for further specific details on 0113 4166280, or hit apply and provide an updated CV.