We are currently looking for a Senior Building Surveyor to fill a permanent opening with a company located in Glasgow, only a 5 mins walk from the train station. Interested candidates must have a range of surveying experience from project to professional.
Responsibilities of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Advising clients about building/property issues, which can include technical, financial, legal, environmental/sustainability, building regulation and restoration matters.
- Undertaking building surveys.
- Monitoring the deterioration or defects of a property and offering advice on repair work.
- Deliver projects from inception to completion to meet the projects objectives.
- Negotiating the repair of work or a financial settlement if required.
- Managing projects and/or multidisciplinary teams
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken
- Contract Administration
- Dilapidation Liability Assessment Reports on behalf of Landlord and Tenant
- Schedules of Condition
Requirements of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- At least 5 years postgraduate experience with provable technical delivery experience
- Able to work as part of a multi disciplinary team to deliver a project.
- Significant exposure to, and good working relations with private sector clients
- IT skills (AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
On offer for the Senior Building Surveyor:
The salary on offer for this position is between £47,500 - £52,500 depending on experience plus benefits.
What happens next:
On receipt of your application our dedicated Surveying & Project Management recruiter, Rees Allan, will contact you to discuss this opportunity in full detail. Rees will disclose the name of our client to you prior to sending your CV to this, or any other company we are working with.