Role: Senior Building Surveyor
Location: Central London
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Are you an experienced and highly skilled Building Surveyor looking to take your career to the next level? Our well-established and dynamic client based in Central London is seeking a Senior Building Surveyor with a strong emphasis on the professional side of surveying. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with a passion for providing expert advice and consultancy services, rather than focusing primarily on project management.
Conveniently located in the heart of Central London, our client’s office provides easy access to transportation and amenities. There are further opportunities for professional growth and career advancement within a supportive and forward-thinking organization.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Lead and undertake a variety of professional surveying services, including but not limited to building surveys, dilapidations assessments, party wall matters, and expert witness reports.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by offering strategic advice, delivering exceptional service, and ensuring client objectives are met efficiently and effectively.
- Stay abreast of current building regulations, industry standards, and legal requirements to ensure that all professional services are conducted in compliance with the latest standards and regulations.
- Utilize strong negotiation skills in resolving disputes and in negotiations related to dilapidations, party wall matters, and other professional surveying services.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior surveyors within the team, fostering a collaborative and supportive working environment.
- Produce high-quality, detailed reports for clients, clearly communicating findings, recommendations, and potential risks.
Requirements of the Senior Building Surveyor
- Chartered status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is essential.
- Proven track record in delivering professional surveying services, with a focus on building surveys, dilapidations, party wall matters, and expert witness reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are crucial for interacting with clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively in a variety of professional surveying scenarios.
- A team player with the ability to lead and collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex issues in professional surveying matters.
On offer for the Senior Building Surveyor
- A starting salary of between £55,000 and £65,000 depending on experience.
- Generous pension contribution of 8%
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Hybrid working
What happens next:
On receipt of your application our dedicated Surveying & Project Management recruiter, Rees Allan, will contact you to discuss this opportunity in full detail. Rees will disclose the name of our client to you prior to sending your CV to this, or any other company we are working with.