Senior Civil Engineer
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum plus benefits
Bury St Edmunds
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Civil Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to take your career to the next level? We have an excellent position available with our client, a renowned and leading multidisciplinary consultancy firm. They are currently seeking a talented Senior Civil Engineer to join the dynamic team in their Bury St Edmunds office and contribute to a wide range of prestigious projects.
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will play a key role in the design, coordination, and delivery of complex civil engineering projects. You will work closely with a talented team of engineers and collaborate with clients, architects, and other stakeholders to ensure successful project outcomes. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and knowledgeable professional to showcase their technical expertise and leadership skills.
- Lead the design and development of civil engineering projects, including roads, highways, drainage systems, and utilities;
- Conduct feasibility studies, site investigations, and risk assessments;
- Prepare and review engineering drawings, specifications, and calculations;
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams to ensure seamless project delivery;
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers;
- Liaise with clients, contractors, and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- A degree in civil engineering or a related field;
- A chartered engineer (CEng) or to be working towards obtaining this status;
- Extensive experience in civil engineering design, project management, or construction is required;
- Experience working on large-scale projects;
- A strong technical background and expertise in various aspects of civil engineering;
- Proficiency in relevant software tools for design and analysis is essential;
- Strong project management skills e.g. the ability to plan and execute projects, manage resources effectively, coordinate with stakeholders, and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget;
- Ability and desire to lead and mentor junior staff members, collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, and liaise with clients, contractors, and regulatory authorities;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills are essential;
- Knowledge of Regulations and Standards: Familiarity with relevant UK regulations, codes, and standards in civil engineering is necessary to ensure compliance and safety in design and construction processes.
For further details of this excellent opportunity please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or give him a call on 01728 726120.