Senior Geotechnical Consultant
£30,000 - £40,000
Looking for a versatile and highly motivated individual to join my client's successful Geoenvironmental Division as a Senior Geotechnical Consultant in London.
- Bachelor's degree in a suitable discipline, preferably with a secondary certification such as an MSc, geotechnical, or engineering.
- A track record of overseeing the practical, technical, and financial aspects of ground investigation and design projects.
- Capable of creating/submitting detailed proposals and tenders for SI and geotechnical design work.
- To demonstrate the capacity to create conceptual models to comprehend geological conditions prior to ground investigation, including risk assessment, examination of feasible geotechnical solutions, and development constraints.
- To show a broad understanding of geotechnical investigation methodologies, sampling, and in situ testing.
- Responsible for project management, financial, and technical input, including proposal development, project planning, resource management (office or on-site) and sub-contractors, laboratory testing scheduling, site monitoring, data assessment, reporting, and financial performance.
- Prepare and review ground investigation reports in accordance with BS5930/EC7 standards.
- To demonstrate a complete understanding of the construction of appropriate ground models, including ground water and geotechnical design parameters for slopes, earthworks, road pavements, retaining walls, ground improvement, and foundations.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create plans to expand the provision of geotechnical services to current and prospective clients.
- Reviewing and writing factual reports, including Geotechnical Interpretive Reports (GIR) and Geotechnical Design Reports (GDR).
- To effectively interact with and manage a delivery team in order to complete a project brief by providing efficient and professional services.
- Competitive salary
- Company-matched pension scheme.
- 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing with service.
- Opportunity to buy additional leave.
- Extensive training opportunities and supported CPD.
If this opportunity is one of interest and you’d like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Geotechnical and Environmental consultant, Dan McIntosh, with your most up-to-date CV.