Senior Geotechnical Engineer
£45,000 - £55,000
Currently working on a fantastic opportunity with one of our clients to obtain a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to be based in their office, assisting in the internal build-out of their already distinguished team working on multiple geotechnical mandates nationwide. This role offers the opportunity to be at the forefront of major projects and oversee the future growth of the company within a rapidly growing sector as our client looks to shape and benefit the natural environment of future generations.
- The ideal applicant will have 4 - 6 years of design experience in civil/geotechnical engineering consultancy, be chartered or approaching chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers, and be seeking opportunities for advancement in commercial, management, and technical areas.
- The position will demand a dynamic and driven someone who is technically competent as well as an effective communicator and manager.
- Applicants should also be familiar with Autocad and standard geotechnical design tools.
- Relevant design experience includes, but is not limited to, earthwork design, slope stability, foundation design, pile design, soil nailing, ground anchors, gravity and embedded retaining wall design, as well as knowledge.
- Provide support to junior engineers within the team.
- Help in managing the workload of the team to ensure quality delivery of work.
- Identify the key geotechnical risks that could affect our projects and propose appropriate management measures.
- Undertake concept & detailed design.
- Prepare technical reports (e.g. Ground Investigation and Geotechnical Design repots).
- Manage the commercial side of the project to ensure achieving good balance between technical excellence and project profitability.
- Prepare fee proposals and help the company to win work and maintaining good relationships with clients.
- Able to communicate design via clear and well-presented drawings and sketches.
- Degree qualified in civil engineering (MSc in geotechnical engineering is advantageous).
- Clean driving licence.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual profit-related bonus (up to £3600 tax free)
- Total 30 days annual leave (inclusive of 8 days public holidays) with an option to purchase an additional 5 days)
- Company Group pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance & Insurance
- Yearly Professional Membership paid.
If this opportunity is one of interest and you’d like to discuss it further, please get in touch with our Geotechnical and Environmental consultant, Dan McIntosh, with your most up-to-date CV.