Our client, a world-leading real estate and property construction consultancy with an exceptional reputation in the industry, is seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Birmingham. The successful candidate will have opportunity to work on a diverse and exciting range of projects from the commercial offices, corporate real estate, education and residential sectors valued from £1m up to £50m+.
Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of quantity surveying activities within the projects assigned, ensuring compliance with industry standards, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Prepare accurate and competitive tender estimates, cost plans, bills of quantities, and valuations for a wide range of construction projects.
- Conduct detailed analysis of project costs, ensuring cost control measures are implemented throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Provide expertise and guidance on cost management, value engineering, and procurement strategies.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure effective cost control, providing advice and recommendations where necessary.
- Oversee the preparation and evaluation of contract documents, including pre and post-contract administration.
- Engage in effective negotiation with contractors, suppliers, and clients to secure favourable terms and drive value for the organization.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, contractors, and sub-contractors, ensuring smooth project delivery.
- Monitor and assess project risks and take proactive measures to mitigate potential issues.
Requirements of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- Chartered membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) is essential.
- Previous experience working within a construction consultancy is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to deadlines and delivering high-quality results.
- Proficiency in using industry-specific software and tools.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem-solving and decision-making.
On offer for the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- The salary range for this position is £55,000 - £65,000 depending on experience and chartership
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to buy/sell
- 10% pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Hybrid working
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements, click apply today or get in contact with Max Condie for further information.