Our client is a world-leading real estate and property construction consultancy, renowned for their expertise in delivering innovative and sustainable solutions. As part of their continuous growth, they are seeking a talented Senior Quantity Surveyor with previous healthcare experience to join their dynamic team in Sheffield. You’ll will be responsible for managing the commercial aspects of construction projects from inception to completion.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure accurate cost analysis, feasibility studies, and risk assessments are conducted.
- Provide high-level commercial guidance throughout the project lifecycle, from tender preparation and contract negotiation to valuations, variations, and final account settlements.
- Conduct thorough cost control and financial forecasting, ensuring accurate reporting and identification of potential cost-saving opportunities.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of bills of quantities, estimates, and tender documents, ensuring compliance with industry standards and client requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress against budget, identifying cost overruns or potential delays in advance and providing effective mitigation strategies.
- Advise on contractual matters and resolve any disputes or claims that may arise, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Review and assess contract terms and conditions, providing expert advice on risk management and awareness of key contract deliverables.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior quantity surveyors, fostering their professional development and promoting a positive team environment.
Qualifications and Experience of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Professional Quantity Surveying qualification (RICS accredited) or equivalent.
- Extensive experience as a Quantity Surveyor, preferably in a consultancy environment, with a proven track record of delivering successful projects.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) is highly desirable.
- Previous healthcare experience is essential for this role
- Strong knowledge of construction industry contracts, such as NEC and JCT, and experience in managing complex contractual situations.
- Excellent understanding of cost planning, cash-flow forecasting, and the ability to produce accurate estimates and valuations.
- Proficient in using industry-specific software, such as CostX and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive client relationships.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving abilities, with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
On offer for the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- The salary range for this position is £55,000 - £65,000 depending on experience
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements, click apply today or get in contact with Max Condie for further information.