Senior Quantity Surveyor
£50,000 - £55,000
Conrad Consulting are delighted to be retained by a leading construction consultancy firm with a strong reputation for delivering high-quality services to a diverse client base. We are currently seeking a highly experienced and motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Glasgow. If you are a chartered MRICS Quantity Surveyor with a background in NEC Contracts and a proven track record in the industry, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities of the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Oversee and administer NEC Contracts for various construction projects, ensuring compliance, risk management, and dispute resolution.
- Accurately estimate project costs, prepare detailed cost plans, and provide value engineering solutions to optimize project budgeting
- Monitor project expenditure, track variations, and implement cost control measures to ensure projects remain within budget.
- Identify and evaluate potential risks in construction projects, developing mitigation strategies to minimize financial impact.
- Manage the procurement process, including tendering and contract awarding, while ensuring adherence to procurement guidelines and best practices.
- Maintain strong client relationships, providing regular project updates, addressing concerns, and delivering exceptional service.
- Mentor and support junior quantity surveyors and assist in their professional development.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, financial statements, and other documentation for clients, senior management, and regulatory authorities.
Requirements of the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) is essential.
- Extensive experience working with NEC Contracts, including NEC3 and NEC4, and a deep understanding of contract administration.
- A strong background in the construction consultancy sector, ideally with experience working for a reputable firm.
- Proven experience managing construction projects of varying complexity and scale.
- Proficient in cost estimating and budgeting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, project teams, and stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead and mentor junior team members.
On Offer for the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- A basic salary of between £50,000 - £55,000
- Holiday allowance of 27 days plus public holidays plus the break between Xmas and New Year.
- Life Assurance of 4x basic salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- 5% Pension contributions
- Professional subscriptions
What Happens Next?
On receipt of your application our dedicated Surveying & Project Management recruiter, Rees Allan, will contact you to discuss this opportunity in full detail. Rees will disclose the name of our client to you prior to sending your CV to this, or any other company we are working with.