Title: Shafts Tunnels Associate
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 (negotiated and based on experience)
My client is looking to bring in someone to work within their Geotechnical unit, based in their Nottingham office, to help expand and develop the existing Shafts and Tunnelling team.
Their business focuses on driving impactful projects across civil, structural, transportation, or environmental engineering, sitting at the forefront of creating sustainable solutions.
Initially, the candidate would be coming in at an Associate level however, the business plans to progress the individual into a role that would be leading their Shafts and Tunnelling Section as an Associate Director within the first 5 years.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be educated to a bachelor’s or master’s degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered Engineer
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in shafts and tunnelling
- Technical ability in timber, shafts and thrust wall design.
- Experience working on highway and rail projects.
- Transition into the head of the shafts and tunnelling section at BSP, reporting to their current Director.
- Overseeing the current and future project focus of more junior engineers.
- Act as an advisor to Geotechnical Design Engineers.
- Conduct feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Design and analyse tunnelling and shaft structures.
- Provide technical expertise in geotechnical and structural engineering.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to integrate solutions into larger projects.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and regulatory requirements.
If this role is one of interest, please share an updated version of your CV with Dan McIntosh, our Ground Engineering and Environmental Consultant, to discuss further.