Bury St Edmunds
£50,000 - £60,000 Plus benefits
Are you looking for a rewarding role with a forward-thinking and independently owned company?
Does career progression place high in your list of priorities?
Take your career to the next step by joining a well-established company with a proven track record in the delivery of residential and mixed-use schemes throughout the East of England. They have asked us to help them find a Technical Co-ordinator to join them at their office in Bury St Edmunds.
Reporting to the Planning Director the successful candidate will assist with both the development and energy strands of the business. Ideally the Technical Coordinator will have experience in technical co-ordinating or infrastructure design however our client is willing to consider a graduate/assistant level candidate who can be mentored.
- Assisting with appraisals on sites being considered for promotion/acquisition to inform all constraints and opportunities to development;
- Obtain a full suite of surveys including topographical, underground services, infiltration testing, site investigation, contamination assessment, arboriculture, archaeological and utility enquiries;
- Produce outline drainage strategies and access proposals for schemes;
- Assist with fee negotiation and the appointment and management of external consultants and review of their outputs;
- Attend project and design meetings as required;
- Maintain project management documentation and assist with collating documentation for upload to a data room used to market sites;
- Assist with the discharging of any planning conditions which are considered to add value or remove uncertainty from the disposal process;
- Prepare constraints, transfer and contract plans along with other drawings in AutoCAD as required;
- Assist purchasers with post-acquisition and occupation queries;
- Assist with general administration and project support where necessary;
- Liaise with external parties including clients, investors, Local Planning and Highways Authorities, LLFAs, housing associations, surveyors, environmental and design consultants, statutory undertakers, contractors, and members of the public (including active involvement in community engagement).
- Currently in a Technical Co-ordinator, Engineer, or Technician role. All levels of experience will be considered from graduate to experienced;
- Preference for experience gained whilst working for consultants, home builders or developers;
- Working knowledge of technical matters relating to all aspects of mixed-use development and of the development process;
- High standards or numeracy, literacy, and IT skills;
- The ability to work both as part of a team and individually;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software.
In return you will be offered excellent career prospects and benefits package within an ambitious and industry-leading organisation.
For further information please call contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 for a confidential chat.